Advertisement

Don't want to see ads? Register now for free!

Web Site Problems And Suggestions

Discussion in 'TMR Site News and Announcements' started by Time Monk, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Melodi

Melodi New Member

Psychic Reader
    Home page:
    For some reason the screen view isn't shrinking to fit my monitor so I have to keep scrolling over to read the end of the lines. Everything is OK on my other forums, so I'm not sure if this is a forum setting problem, something I need to correct in my account or on my computer - thanks - DC - great job so far I love the look!

2. Foxx
    • Staff/Administrator

Foxx Simple Man

Sentry
    DC, one of the characteristics of the 'Time Monk Radio' Style is that it is a fixed style, meaning it does not scale. On smaller monitors it does create that condition you describe. About the only alternative I can offer you at this point (until I can possibly have my designer create another verion of TMR that scales), is to say that the 'Default' Style will scale for you. It is very bland however.

My apologies for this inconvenience.

3. GroundRod
    • Production Team

GroundRod New Member

No apology necessary, plain & simple works best for me. Finally a background theme I can read, should have set that 1st off, been struggling to read & figure out this format & layout, with little success, not having a widescreen monitor hooked up. This was just the tip I needed!!

Finally getting around, viewing simple black text on a simple white background, works best for these old eyes. scrolling left/right to read, new complex colors and graphics with controls off the screen, it all was a big turn off for me at 1st, especially since the software was all new and different as well, so much so it comes with a training manual, wow lots to absorb.

Default Style has made all the difference in the world to me, makes being able to participate here much more practical, can always turn on more features and themes as the learning curve goes up and the old equipment finally fails....

4. Foxx
    • Staff/Administrator

Foxx Simple Man

Sentry
    Ground Rod, I think once you become accustomed to this new software, you will find it much more user friendly than that cumbersome dinosaur known as vB. We have not encountered one bug in all the time we have worked with it, where as on the other hand, it is continual with the other software.

5. Greenmeadow
    • Production Team

Greenmeadow Member

Could you change the thread title on the User's Guide to
    Users's Guide~ Time Monk Radio Website

I knew it existed and I was looking all over for it.
    Without opening the thread all you see is Time Monk Radio under Announcements

6. Greenmeadow
    • Production Team

Greenmeadow Member

How do you post photos here?

On the other forum I could use "Browse" to get photos off my computer.
    Here you seem to need to use and Url

How do you make a photo an Url?
    How do you re-size a photo? Most of mine are too large.